Wednesday, September 30, 2009

love soup


The love-a-thon burgeoned out of control the other night. I'm still spinning, wondering WTF happened??

Andy and I had made a phone date. We decided we'd each have a bottle of red wine on hand to make it feel more like a real date. So I called him (my turn this time) and we each proceeded to tell about our day. It always starts that way, then he'll randomly say something like did anyone tell you how beautiful you are today? and I proceed to melt.

Then I sigh and he melts and just adds more unbelievably romantic words to the love soup. Sometimes it gets sexual, sometimes not. It happened to go all the way that night. We were having fun and getting along just fine when I looked over at the clock and realized we'd been talking for over 2 hours and it was past my bedtime--waaaay!

Usually that wouldn't be a huge concern, except that the next morning I had to host a big event at work. I was entertaining a group of VIPs for 2 days, and everyone would be looking to me to run the show. gasp.

We said our goodbyes and I tried to go to sleep. My mind and my heart were reeling. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he spoke to me. It was as if we were seasoned lovers, a real couple. It was powerful stuff and left me with such strong feelings for him. I lay in my bed, tossed it around in my head, and the hours passed.

The more hours that passed, the more panicked I felt about not sleeping. I just couldn't get comfortable and I couldn't relax. It worsened the closer the morning came. Finally I slept from 5-6am. But my mind started racing as soon as I awoke again, so I gave it up. I figured the best I could do was get ready for work, pop a Tylenol and a cup of strong tea and face the music.

I felt loads better, though not perfect. I managed to get through that day's events without a hiccup - THANK YOU GOD!! I slept like a sweet dream that night and the next day I was brilliant. Man was I lucky. Not sure I'll play that late night love game again anytime soon, especially when the stakes are so high.

No comments: