Thursday, July 5, 2012

tonight let's be lovers




open some red, red wine and taste your red, red...
and all the sweat's leading and dripping wildly, you can't deny
the pleasant dreams are here, just exploit them
just you and me, just for an evening
all the way
...and tomorrow go back to being friends

Amazing song and such a sweet fantasy, but really?! Can anyone honestly do this? I'd like to think I can, but if someone's hot enough to jump in the sack with on Saturday night, I'm gonna be wanting him on Sunday, too. Unless, of course it was in a drunken fog and on Sober Sunday I decide he'd look better with a bag over his head. Have I ever done that? No. But I have had a guy be such a big disappointment that I no longer desired him. That, I could see...

But typically I won't open Pandora's box just for one night and banish it from my mind forever after. I take my attractions (and sex) very seriously. And I can get hooked pretty easily.

OK, so say you actually get it on with someone you know secretly "just for one night". Can you go on in your daily life (assuming that secret lover is somehow present) and control your desire? Can you coexist indefinitely with the lover of yesterday without anyone else knowing, or ever going back for more?

No comments: