Friday, August 20, 2010

it's never over

I spent the day today thinking of Cam. It's his birthday. Since the love of my life and I parted ways 2 years ago, I wrestle with the thought of contacting him, or not, on his birthday. Logic always wins.

I'm ok with it. I'm sure his soul feels my soul anyway. It's always been that way, well, since I first dated him at 16. I rarely needed to speak for him to know what I was thinking. He knew me better than I knew myself. Even when we didn't have contact for 20 years, I felt him in my heart as if he was only a breath away. He had been my lifelong sense of comfort. Ever since Cam, I've been trying to find a guy with many of his qualities.

On this day of Cam's birthday, again, I will not call him or even email him 2 words. He knows. Instead I'll honor the day with a song by the great Jeff Buckley. Jeff was one of Cam's most loved artists. And what a writer he was. The lyrics of this song are the most romantic, intense lyrics I have ever heard.

Until today I had never seen this video or any other video of Buckley singing Lover you should've come over. Weird...it only makes sense that I dedicate this song to Cam.

He's the tear that hangs inside my soul forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, Andy, and now Cam. I see you 've been attracted by men with short names :)


"The tear that hangs inside my soul forever" sadly, truly, lovely, we all have one

DinamoTalks said...

All fictitious names, my friend, but the love is anything but fiction. Do you have an old love you lament over?