Sunday, August 22, 2010

pacific here i come


Whoa! Here I sit with the trip to California only a day and a bit away. It's almost surreal now that it's finally here. I finished all my tasks at work today as if I were never to return. Wouldn't that make a good chapter in my autobiography someday?

I'm going to miss my laptop, and probably my quiet time and my privacy. Andy, Christie and I will be living in close quarters for a week. But I will be gaining an experience of a lifetime...My first trip to the West Coast, to dip my toes into the Pacific, awestruck and humbled by its vastness. The ocean is a place of spiritual connection for me. How can it not be? There will be tears, as there always are when I feel God.

I've asked Andy if we could go to the beach alone one evening to watch the sun set. I hope we reach new ground there. I long for a breakthrough of some sort with him, a truth that has since gone unspoken. What will it be?

I wonder what I'll feel when I first see LA (besides extreme heat--their summer has finally arrived). I have been wondering for months if I'll love it as much as everyone says I will. Will I see a future for me there? Will Christie love it? Will I feel connected to Andy and sense a future with him? Or will I miss Rob terribly like I did last time Andy and I were together? I certainly hope not. I don't want anything to spoil my fun. I deserve to have a perfectly wonderful time. And so does Christie. I love being able to take her on a trip like this--something she will talk about for the rest of her life.

Well, I'm off to bed. Tomorrow's a busy day packing and heading to Mom's to spend the night closer to the airport. I shall post you next from LA! Until then......... ;o

1 comment:

Bretthead said...

I love CA. You will have a fabulous time. Find a shell and toss it back in the ocean for me.