Wednesday, December 24, 2008

merry christmas eve

Holy smokes, where have I been? I feel like I've been swallowed by the month of December. Now that it's Christmas Eve, and everything's ready to go, I'm just coming up for air.

What I think about Christmas Eve is that it is perhaps the most magical night of the whole year. After the intensity of all the preparation, the stress of shopping, and spending, and baking and wrapping and the onslaught of crappy weather.........it all dies down to a hush on this night.

Everything stops for a moment and it seems that the true meaning of Christmas emerges. For me it's a chance to breathe it in. It's highly emotional as I am reminded of how blessed I am. Sure there are plenty of presents under the tree, but it's not even about that. I'm healthy, I have a decent job, and freedom. But more than anything, it's about the love I feel.

Love for my girls, my family, my boyfriend Rob, and God. And pretty much everyone else. The more love I feel, the more I get. I wish the same for everyone on this planet. Merry Christmas Eve.

No comments: