Tuesday, December 2, 2008

she's baaaack...

When I started this blog my intention was to explore and share my passions with whoever would listen. My life had most recently been blessed with great relationships, and great sex, plus other exciting adventures typical of a woman newly single by choice. My friends were fascinated on a daily basis and a few were even living vicariously through me.

In the past month, however, I felt myself falling out of Dinamode, weighted by new pressures at work. Other issues piled on adding to my stress and before you know it, I felt rather dull. Dinamo was deflated and sex took a bit of effort the last few weeks. Dreadful.......

But things are looking up now and I am happy to report that Dinamo's back. I've just emerged from a very fulfilling weekend and learned something I should have realized all along. I discovered that my desire for sex with Rob is directly proportional to the degree to which I open my heart to him. Elementary? Yes.

I have gone through these cycles with him before, but never realized it was my doing until now. I always assumed that it was because we were spending too much time together, or it was the usual ups and downs of a relationship or my hormones affecting my desire.

But it's none of those things. My desire is dependent on my willingness to allow the love to flow freely between us. My willingness to get totally lost in the moment with him, to let our bodies meld and our souls speak in their silent language. To hang in the balance of trust and let emotion completely take over. We are rewarded with the most powerful pleasures and a deep love that carries us for days.

This is bliss. This is the passion I want to write about. This is me. And life is good.

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."
~ Field Marshal Ferdinand Foch

No comments: