Wednesday, May 13, 2009

i was a teenage groupie...once

Yes, once upon a time, May 1980 to be exact, I fucked a rock star. Although I'd met several bands back in the late 70s/early 80s, I only slept with one musician. Except we didn't sleep.

My sister and I had bought Van Halen tickets as soon as they went on sale, and planned on getting backstage, something she seemed to have a knack for. (Her experience was more extensive than mine.) Van Halen's first album had been a huge hit, and their 2nd was following in its footsteps. They were hot, and considering I was very much into guitar, Eddie was my choice. My sister chose Alex.

Since VH was the biggest band of their time, we knew it wouldn't be easy getting backstage passes. I will never forget what I wore. It was a Danskin one-piece leotard in a deep red with a black web pattern on it. It kind of looked like a Spiderwoman body stocking. I wore a black blazer over it since it had a halter top and completely open back (hey this was the 80s) and outfit was complete with red satin spike heeled CFM shoes. Too bad no one took a picture. I'm sure it would be good for a laugh today.

But I think it did the trick, because I don't recall it was too difficult getting passes. We'd wander through the back hallways, running into roadies and asking if we could meet the band. (Dreadful shameless behavior when I think back.) The roadies always thought they deserved something in exchange for the pass, but they never got anything from us other than a thank you.

We ended up with 2 passes and wore them with pride through the concert. A teenager's dream to be the envy of others. After the show we went backstage and the guys wandered into the green room one by one. David Lee Roth was doing coke. I saw the infamous bowl of M&Ms. There were platters of food and bottles of beer everywhere.

My outfit was a hit and Eddie took a liking to me, YES. His big hair was all wild and still wet from his post-show shower. His whole face smiled when he talked to me. Cool. At that age, it was a pretty big moment in my life.

Probably the coolest part was leaving the auditorium in the limo with them. As we pulled out from the tunnel, fans were lined up on either side of the narrow pathway screaming. The limo took us all to the Holiday Inn where the band was staying. Eddie and his bro Alex were checked in as Justin Case and Justin Time. Ha. Hope I didn't just blow their cover.

My sister went off with Alex as I went off with Eddie to his room. Ya know, I don't really remember a lot after that point. And it wasn't because I was on something--in fact back then I rarely drank at all and did not smoke pot (or do any drugs). I do remember seeing a Mario Puzo book sitting on his night table, and thinking that he was somewhat intellectual. And then I remember he had a hard time getting me out of my outfit. Like, literally, it needed to be peeled off.

He had a nice, hard little body. Well-defined arms with veins bulging (God, I love that!). I remember his fingers playing with my pussy. They were pretty damn limber. I felt quite honored being touched by the same magical hands that made him one of the best guitarists of all time.

Sex with Eddie was nothing to write home about. But then again, I wasn't really there for the sex, nor was I really in the mood. It was more about the adventure and the conquest. So that's exactly what I got. I got the right to say that I fucked Eddie Van Halen in his prime. The following year he married Valerie Bertinelli. I was a little jealous. :)

I contemplated whether to post a concert video from that time, or a more recent one. I decided on this one from 2007 cuz it shows that the man's a survivor. Still lookin' good too, especially considering all he's been through. The guy can still play. Lookit those fingers go! For me, I look at those fingers with a special fondness........

No comments: