Friday, May 8, 2009

May is my favorite month

May has typically been a great month for me. Since I was little I've liked May best, mostly because nice weather finally returned and the end of the school year was in sight. The grass turns green and lilacs bloom in May. It's everything new and alive after a long, dingy, dull winter.

For me, May signifies the beginning of something even better. Like summer, free time, growth, adventure. May is the excitement of sitting on the brink of something absolutely grand. Like Christmas Eve, knowing that you have a pile of presents to open tomorrow. Like a first date with someone you're crazy about. Like those few seconds leading up to the orgasm.

In the last decade a lot of wonderful things have happened in my life in the month of May. I met an amazing guy in May 1999 who woke me from a long, dark sleep and opened the window to my soul. In May 2000 I had my first Reiki treatment which was a life-altering experience that set me on the spiritual path I've been on since.

It was May 2005 when I got my current job--I remember how excited I was to get the phone call--I actually screamed. And in May 2006 I told my husband it was over, freeing myself from years of emotional emptiness. I moved into my own place in May 2007 and had a "Life is Good" party where everyone who came had to have a dance on the coffee table with me.

Just a few milestones and fond memories...

No comments: