Wednesday, June 3, 2009

why can't all days be like this?

Did you ever have one of those days where things start great and just keep getting better? Yesterday I had one of those days.

I woke up feeling unusually well-rested (I'd slept alone so I didn't have the usual sore neck nor was I sleep deprived from Rob's snoring). The foggy morning was breaking way to sunshine and so I took the scenic route through the hills to work. I didn't care if I was late.

Not long after I got to work did a new calendar appear on my desk--my favorite kind--the little ones that stand on your desk and the pages flip over. It may sound trivial to you, but I am heavily dependent on this calendar to keep my life and work straight. I'd been fretting about "life after June 30th" as if my life would end with the calendar page. And then it appeared--my new lease on life.

I know, even I admit I am strange when a calendar makes me happy.

But it was that kind of day. Maybe my stars were aligned. Things went well at work. I made a lot of phone calls that paid off, you could say. And at the end of the day I had arranged to meet my photographer friend and his girlfriend for a drink. They were in town visiting, staying near where I work.

We met on a gorgeous patio overlooking the waterfront. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Sunny and warm, but not too hot to sit in the sun and DRINK for an hour or so. As usual, our mutual energy was in tune. We had great conversation, lots of laughs, and while he drank martinis, and his chick drank chick-drinks, I had a sultry glass of one of my favorite wines, baco noir.

As I was driving in home in a slight haze, big smile on my face and feeling absolutely high on life, I realized that I always feel really good after talking to this photographer friend, or being in his company. Some people just rub you the right way. It's one of the magical gifts of life. I thank him for being my friend.

No comments: