Tuesday, June 16, 2009

updates on old topics

Maria - my 17 year old daughter who moved to her dad's in April and left me sad
Things are better. We had a couple meetings together where I laid my feelings on the table and tried to get her to understand and feel my love for her. I think I finally made a dent. She not only invited me to her high school graduation, but also invited my mother and her own cousin. I continue to reach out to her every few days. However, I am not ready for her to move back into my house.

Rob - my lover, partner, who I feel doesn't love me quite the same as I love him
We've had a series of talks and need many more. Though he loves me deeply, he is cautious and very patient. He is pretty even keeled, so does not let his emotions run away with him at any point (except during sex). I was missing a feeling of fierce love coming from him (like, how much does he care, how far would he go for me?) I want some sense that we both want the same kinds of things concerning a future together. Basically he said that if I want a future with him we have to start talking about it. He's not willing to enter into anything without having had all the talks beforehand. Sounds smart, maybe, but to me it sounds like a lack of faith in our love and destiny, and certainly not as romantic. Oh well. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it.

My boss - left suddenly in October to fight cancer and almost died, which launched me into a very difficult time
He's feeling fantastic and coming back to work on June 22nd. I can't believe it! It feels like he's been gone even longer than 9 months since so much has changed about the work environment, the economy, and even my personal life. But his wonderful energy is soon to return to the workplace! I hope he can cope with the workload and having to report to a new boss.

Snoop - little furry friend with incessant barking when left alone
Since I started walking Snoop every morning before I leave for work, he hasn't barked during the day. I also give him the run of the house instead of restricting him to the basement. Now that he's emptied out, I can trust him in the house while no one's home. Very cool. He's much happier and so are my neighbors. I love my dog. And he loves me!

Lee - business associate turned flame
We have occasion to email, chat, Facebook every 2-3 weeks, usually on a Friday. He seems to think of me on Fridays, and I'm not sure why. I still think he's hot, but he's not the one for me.

Cam - former love of my life
I think there may have been a day or two in the last year that I have not thought about Cam at some point. I definitely tend to think of him, and miss him, in troubled times. My mind goes to him for comfort. My soul is joined with his even though we lead separate lives. It's ok, I've accepted it. I still dread being tested though. Like if he ever called me and said, "I'm in town and I want to see you."

No comments: