Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lee cont'd.

I wanted to know, what did Lee think of me?

To find out I had to let him close enough to see the real me. We spent the first day doing a lot of talking. It was a crash course in getting to know each other. Although we were hitting it off amazingly well all day, it wasn't until we said goodbye at 9 that night that we hugged. He felt good. Solid. I held onto him beyond the norm of a friendly hug. I eventually asked, "Am I hugging too long?" to which he replied, "No, I've been thinking about getting close to you all day." I smiled all the way home.

Day 2 was more challenging. I had only been able to sleep for 4 hours the night before, after my adrenaline levels returned to normal. Shit, this was exciting! Plus I'd put more food and alcohol into my system than usual and it was rebelling a bit. Nevertheless, I leapt into day 2 with abandon. After business lunches and meetings were out of the way, we found ourselves alone in his hotel room again.

He made his first move by sitting on the couch close to me. I leaned against him to show my approval. This was my cue to get some questions answered. When we were talking about our own living arrangements, I mentioned that I couldn't imagine him being alone. He said that he dated, but nothing serious because his plate was pretty full with business and his daughter being with him every other week. What I really wanted to know was if we lived in the same city, would he date me. I asked it, just like that. He kind of laughed at first. When I pressed for an answer, he said of course.

Over the next hour or so, he touched my leg, my hand, commented on my painted toenails, I touched his leg, laid my head on his chest, asked to rub his back, felt his muscular back and neck, let my fingers wander through his hair a little, kissed the back of his neck, was pulled on top of him (sitting, straddling him), got groped a little through my clothes, but we never kissed.

I don't mind so much that we didn't kiss. Maybe that was his way of staying detached. (I'm sure that it helped me.) Anyway, it was his words, not his body, that I wanted to take away from this whole experience. And I got what I wanted. At one point in the steamy groping he said you must be-- then he hesitated, searching for the right words, and continued --a very beautiful lover.

There was no response from me. It was no time to be modest, or to confirm his words. I was simply appreciative. He commented on how soft the skin on my chest was, and that my body was beautiful, very tight he said, with strong hands and strong lower lumbar. (Typical speak considering his line of work.)

He expressed a couple times that he wanted to lay me on the bed and just have his way with me. Gentleman that he was, he respected my thanks but no thanks wishes. I'd said that I couldn't do that to myself. To me, sex is very special, even sacred, and knowing that we couldn't have a relationship, there was no reason to experience that joy only to feel the loss of it when he went back home. He understood.

The next day he came to my office to say goodbye. He gave me a gift with a card that says Thanks for a wonderful visit. It was great getting to know you. You have wings.

No comments: