Wednesday, October 15, 2008

there's nothing wrong with vanilla

I'm not terribly ashamed to say that it was only a few weeks ago that I first heard the term vanilla sex. I stumbled on it while leafing through a magazine one afternoon at work. Deciding to poll the girls in my office, 5 of 7 who are younger than I, I discovered that my lingo was out of date. Oh well. That didn't bother me (I know where my talents lie). What I found somewhat disturbing was that they scoffed at the idea of vanilla sex, as if it was inadequate or boring.

Now, at the risk of sounding judgmental, I must pipe in and say that they haven't tried hard enough if they think that good old plain sex is boring. In my opinion, we ought to master the basics before turning to toys or games for satisfaction.


Have you ever noticed how the missionary position never goes out of style? It's because that's how humans fit best together. It feels awesome, physically and emotionally. Man on top gives him the best leverage to ram as hard and fast or as slow as you want. Being face to face, able to kiss, gaze into each other's eyes, and talk, is by far the most intimate position. And to feel his hot bare skin against yours, stomach to stomach, chest to chest, sweat to sweat.....awe...some. I love to feel the weight of my man on top of me, and submit to his wildest desires (which are also mine). It also lets you control each other's orgasm, because you have such great access to front and back at the same time. You can squeeze or prod asses, tease nipples, and kissing, did I mention that?!? Who the hell needs Rocky Road?

No comments: