Friday, October 17, 2008

Lee lingers

I'm thinking of Lee today. Tomorrow's his birthday.

Lee is a hot, successful, business associate-cum-friend* who lets me flirt endlessly with him. He's one of those guys with a flashy smile that carries himself with confidence and knows how to wear a pair of jeans and good shoes. Unfortunately Lee lives in a glittering metropolis 3000 miles from here. But he visited our company/town/(me!) a couple weeks ago and I took him on a whirlwind tour of the very unique region where I live and work. He was all mine for 2 days. Before he left I told him I would miss him. And I was right. For the record, I also miss the smell of his grey J. Crew sweater and the thrill of being seen with him.

I didn't sleep with Lee while he was here, though I easily could have. We'd spent hours in his hotel room and drank enough to lose inhibitions and underwear. But sex wasn't what I was wanted from him. Aside from the obvious excitement of spending time with a sexy guy, what I really wanted was to see who he was. I knew Lee the entrepreneur, the guru. But I wanted to see the personal side, the vulnerability, the feelings. And I wanted to see myself in him. Who did he think I was?

to be continued...

*get your mind out of the gutter...here's what it used to mean:
cum /kʌm, kʊm/ –preposition
with; combined with; along with (usually used in combination): My garage-cum-workshop is well equipped.

No comments: