Friday, June 26, 2009

the way he made me feel

I remember watching the Michael Jackson 30th Anniversary Celebration on tv back in 2001 and loving this flirtatious dance between two pop giants.

I'm not a huge fan of Michael Jackson's or Britney Spears' music, to be honest. But, and this is a really BIG BUT...I've never seen a more compelling performer than Michael Jackson. To watch Michael's moves completely MOVES me. There is no way that I can watch him dance and not feel him to the core.

He may have been a pretty fucked up person, but the man was a genius on stage. It's a sad, sad story (his life), but I hesitate to judge him like the masses do. All I feel is compassion. It couldn't be easy being Michael Jackson. The guy lived in a bubble and probably never had a sense of what normal was. I hope he's at peace now.

No comments: