Wednesday, July 8, 2009

glorious day


I am on vacation this week. I thought I'd have plenty of extra time for blogging and other things I love to do. However, blogging seems to have taken a backseat. Oh well, there have been many other joys...

I tagged along with Rob this morning to a hiking area near us. He was going mountain biking on the trails. I thought I'd take Snoop along and go for a hike down to the stream, then bask in the sun while waiting for my sweaty, dirty man to emerge from the woods.

There's no better way to soak up nature, I decided. Snoop dragged me down the gorge (grrr), but he also helped pull me up afterwards! :-) He was in a beagle's paradise with so many things to sniff along the way. For me, the best part was lying atop a picnic table in the sunshine. It was on the banks of a still pond--the kind with willows hanging over it all lazy and swaying in the breeze. I closed my eyes and drifted.

Rob took longer than I expected, but I spent the time getting lost in thought and fantasy. I couldn't get the "I live by her side" painting I saw yesterday out of my mind. And wondering what or who inspired my old boyfriend. And what Rob would think if he knew how I felt about that painting, or that I was thinking about that old boyfriend. Or that I was actually planning to meet up with him later this month when he flies back home for a visit.

No comments: