Saturday, July 4, 2009

OLP concert


I saw OLP in concert, which I can say was both very good and very bad in its own way. It was definitely a fun night out with my sister, plus it was the kick off to my vacation week. WOO HOOOOO!

The venue was not the best for this band. I don't think the event organizers realized the crowd that this band would draw. Major long lines to a) buy drink tickets, b) get your drink, and c) pee. Just to give you an example, I spent the last half of the concert waiting in line for a port-a-potty. Thank God I only had one beer.

The sound sucked for a band with such a complex sound. It really didn't do their music justice. The farther you got from the stage the more unrecognizable the song was. Not good. HOWEVER....

I felt awesome energy in the crowd. Some real OLP lovers danced to every song and others sang and rocked along. I love how music erases differences in age, race, appearance...it unites us all.

My sister and I were a bit older than most of the people in the crowd. But this was ok with me because most of the audience was male. And there's no better place to be squished up against others than in such a testosterone rich environment as that. Ooooh baby.

No comments: