Tuesday, July 21, 2009

where i am


Here I sit on my bed, burning a permanent scar into my left leg where my laptop sits and overheats nightly. Are they supposed to get this flippin hot??

I spend far too much time on Facebook these days. Just a couple months ago I was telling Lynn (my sister) that I didn't have time to join Facebook. And now I find myself addicted to knowing what's been happening in my online social circle since the last time I checked. And watching in on someone who seems to have piqued my curiosity lately.

This worries me. I am feeling a little vulnerable these days. Should I say, my relationship with Rob feels vulnerable. Ever since I felt that he didn't want a future with me as much as I wanted with him, I feel disappointed. Less vested in the relationship. Like it's lost some of its verve.

It is a recurring theme when it comes to men.

2 comments:

B said...

1) Yes, laptops get that hot. Even though they are called "lap tops"... It doesn't mean it should be sitting on your lap! They have little stands that lift them up off of your lap and give some air flow.

2) Facebook can be the devil... if you let it be. Unfortunately, it will eventually fall into the lines of MySpace.

3) Feeling vulnerable is never easy. Feeling inadequate is one of the largest failures of a relationship, and almost everyone has felt it at one point or another. It seems like you might be preparing yourself for the worst. This could definitely be a bad idea, as it may cause the end to something that is amazing for you when that isn't the direction it was meant to go... Everything happens that is supposed to happen. Rushing something because you think that it is supposed to go another direction will ONLY cause failure. Of course, you know that. :)

DinamoTalks said...

What do you think I am rushing--the end of my relationship with Rob? Or rushing to have a more permanent future with him? Sorry, I didn't quite get that.