Friday, November 6, 2009

how much money would it take?


There are a bunch of things that I say I would do "if only I had the money". Well, I put myself to the challenge to figure out what it would take to get me to actually do these things.
  • Take 2 weeks off to take my mother on her dream trip to the Amalfi Coast of Italy - $15,000
  • Fly to Los Angeles to visit Andy for a week - $500 if I had the vacation time, $1500 if I didn't.
  • Get my dog's rotten teeth pulled - $1000
  • Redecorate my bedroom, including new carpet to replace the 1995 rose-colored carpet throughout my whole upstairs and stairway - $10,000

And then I wondered, really, how motivated am I by money itself? I mean, are there things that I would do for money even if I didn't like to do them? Here are a few considerations:

  • Invite my invalid father to live with me - $2000/month (no promises!)
  • Drive a transport truck for a living - $300,000/yr. Make that $500,000/yr.
  • Have protected sex with an ok-looking stranger - $500
  • Have unprotected sex with a really hot stranger - I'd like to say I would not do this
  • Abstain from all forms of sex for a month - $1,000 (one time only, not sure I would survive it)
  • Go to work one day with no makeup at all - $500 (ok, I'm a little vain)

    Interesting exercise.

No comments: