Sunday, November 1, 2009

a kid named skype?

I confess, I love technology. Well, the type of technology that brings loved ones together in a virtual world where they can see and hear each other...for free! Holy shit, this is great stuff.

Andy and I both downloaded Skype and discovered we can not only talk, but LOOK AT EACH OTHER in real time, without paying a friggin cent. This comes a couple weeks after he received a mega phone bill for his long distance calls to me. The sound is better than our phones and the video streams perfectly.

We've been hungry for the sight of each other since August 1, 2009. I think the first night we stared at each other for 2 hours straight. We knew how weird that was, but we did it anyway.

In honor of our great discovery Andy said hey let's have a kid and name it Skype! Sure, honey. So tell me, when will technology let me touch, taste and smell Andy all those miles away? C'mon, c'mon...

1 comment:

B said...

Umm... You'll be a long time out before you'll be able to touch, taste and smell him from that far away. Smell-o-vision failed back in the 50s (they had some movie theatres that used it) and teleportation is is LONG way out... Good luck with that.

btw, Skype is pretty nifty. So is Paltalk.