Wednesday, December 16, 2009

giving and receiving


Rob and I went shopping today. He wanted to buy me some birthday presents. That's a little hard for me.

First, I'm not all that comfortable accepting gifts. I mean, I can do it just fine, but inside I always feel a little strange about people spending money on me. Basically, I'd rather be giving than receiving. And second, I feel a little guilty that he's buying me gifts when soon enough I'll have to break some upsetting news to him. The news that Andy is coming to visit. I just don't want him to regret buying me presents later.

So Rob ended up buying me a killer pair of grey suede boots--those high ones that go above the knee. They're flats so that I can at least wear them with him, short man that he is. Plus he bought me a nice black cardigan. It looks warm and cozy on me. I was happy to have new stuff. But I was almost happier about what HE got!

I suggested he look at men's clothes in one of may favorite stores. He hates to shop, mostly because he doesn't know how to pick out clothes. I gladly became his personal shopper! My favorite part is going into the change room with him. As he undresses I get to kiss his nice tight stomach and rub my face on his soft fur. I purr. He smiles. Then he slips on a shirt or a sweater and SHIT he looks so good in form fitting clothes!

What's neat is that it's so fun for me to pick out good clothes for him, and he leaves really happy, having had a painless shopping experience and clothes that he knows look good on him. Bonus: they were on sale.

No comments: