Tuesday, April 6, 2010

farewell, old friend


Today was new car day! Yes, I was really excited about picking up my sporty little car, but I was also sad as I had to retire an old trusty friend.

I caught myself actually talking to her on my way to the dealership. I thanked her for having taken such good care of me and my passengers over the last 7 years, for never breaking down or leaving me stranded on a dark road, for getting me home safely in some God-awful snowstorms, hailstorms, and a near hurricane.

She had a nice big backseat that Rob and I had fucked in a few times, and a front seat that Andy and I kissed in about 300 times (all in one night). I lovingly washed her big black body with my own hands whenever I had time, and got her oil changed regularly, cuz I figured she was worth taking care of.

Yeah, she got old and started to need a few too many repairs, but she still has a bit of life left in her. I asked her to take care of the next owner as well as she took care of me. As I parked her in the dealer's lot I bid her farewell, locked the door, and never looked back.

I signed a few papers and scooted away in my brand new vehicle, sunroof open despite the sprinkles falling from the sky. Onward!

No comments: