Tuesday, April 20, 2010

parisian dreams



Andy sends me an email every single night with a pic attached. Because he's in a time zone 3 hours behind me, I don't see the email till morning. But it's the first one I open when I get to work. Hell, it's a reason to look forward to going to work!

One recent morning he sent me these. He always talks about wanting to live in Paris someday...with me. I've never argued with the idea, but I clearly didn't feel it the same as he did. These pictures actually captured my heart.

I was instantly transported to that spot. Andy was standing behind me, his arms around my waist, as we looked out onto the morning sunrise. I felt his breath on the back of my neck, I smelled the coffee brewing in the next room, I felt his happiness because I was a part of his dream come true.

What would this new day bring? Would we wander down to the flea market in the center of town and rifle through the treasures? Stroll along the Seine like a couple of young lovers? Waste away hours sipping coffee and people watching at an outdoor cafe? All 3?

No comments: