Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rob to the rescue


Since Rob did not leave my mind this week, I thought I should reach out and say hello. I was afraid he still wouldn't be ready to see me, but he suggested we go to a local diner for tea. He also mentioned that he had a message for me, from me. Hmmm...

I was surprised at how much I was looking forward to seeing Rob. I have really been missing my friend. I was greeted with a peck on the cheek when I got into his car. Friendly. His eyes had their usual sparkle. He made me take off my sunglasses so he could see mine.

We drank lots of tea and emptied the diner a couple hours later. I was the talkative me, filling him in on my adventures in California, family updates and work dramas. I don't think I talk that much to anyone else. He told me a little bit about the dates he'd been on, but said he hadn't met 'the one' yet. And in case I was wondering, yes, he'd had sex. (Inside I was woohoo-ing, but didn't want to show my excitement.)

So the message he had for me, from me... It was in a dream. I knew it! He said I had called him to come get me in California. He walked into an apartment where I was sitting, crying, amidst a mess. It looked as if the room had been trashed or there had been a bad fight there. He instinctively came over to comfort me. He said that I was relieved to see him, but then in an angry outburst I said to him You knew I shouldn't get married and you didn't tell me!

But apparently my anger turned to romance because I started kissing him and wanting him to make out with me on the couch. He said he told me that it wasn't safe there so he took me and we left.

So that was Rob's dream, and my message to myself. As he told me, I had kind of a wow reaction. Most people would say he had a vested interest in telling me that dream, or embellishing it in order to scare me out of getting too serious with Andy, but I believe Rob told me the dream exactly as he recalled it.

I am not sure how I feel about the message though. I certainly don't feel like Andy has a violent side or would hurt me in any way. The state of the room--had there been an earthquake? Did someone break into our place? But that doesn't explain the anti-marriage message.

Bottom line is that I don't think anyone but me would be able to talk me out of marrying Andy. Of course, I haven't even been asked, so it's completely hypothetical at this point, right? ;)

Rob dropped me off at my house after tea, and I felt content. It was really nice to have caught up with him. I hoped that the aftermath of our visit would sit well with him so we could do it again.

No comments: