Sunday, February 27, 2011

who needs a man?


Ok, so last weekend I single handedly laid a perfect vinyl floor in my ensuite. To do this I had to remove my toilet and I had decided to buy a new one anyway. I put that in myself too, all the way up the point where I had to hook up the water intake with the toilet tank. Then I found it didn't reach the right spot. I needed a new piece and I was scared to change it myself.

I did my share of freaking out for a few days, wondering if I could convince Rob to come over and help me out, or worse yet,consider how much I'd be willing to pay a plumber. Well it turns out you can learn a hell of a lot by watching tutorial videos online! Awesome!

And so I did. A couple days later I hit the hardware store, got the new hose I needed along with a few pointers from the hardware guy (and a lot of confidence to do it myself). What I almost paid $159 to a plumber to do, I did myself in 5 minutes.

Of course I held my breath when I turned the water valve back on. And crossed my fingers after the first flush. Until I saw that there were no leaks anywhere--woohoo! I rock.

Since then I laid the floor and replaced the toilet in my 2nd bathroom. Piece...of...cake.

All in all, I do still need a man, are you kidding me? Besides the obvious use of tools which I don't own myself, I can't wait to share my newest expertise in plumbing. Right up my alley.

No comments: