Saturday, June 25, 2011

coincidence not

So you know how connected Annie and I have become over the last few weeks? Weirdest thing happened last Saturday. The night before, when we were out partying, I had told her I was going out to dinner on Saturday with my old boyfriend (Rob). It was to be our 'goodbye' dinner.

So, unbeknownst to Annie, Rob and I decided to go to this Thai restaurant we'd been to a couple times before. It's about 20 mins from our neighborhood. We got there and we were seated in the back dining area which I didn't even know existed. We're having a good time accidentally tossing our shrimp crackers on the floor and almost lighting our table on fire with the little grill they gave us for our chicken satay...when in walked Annie and her husband.

They were seated at the table right behind us. We saw each other and did our OMGs, introductions and hugs, then we each attempted to have a normal dinner. It took me almost a half hour to shake off the weirdness of it all and stop talking about it before our conversation returned to normal. Rob was a good sport. He later commented how stunning she is--no shit Sherlock. He offered (to me) that if she ever needed a mercy fuck, he'd be most willing. I felt like saying get in line mister.

The next morning I messaged Annie my WTF, wasn't that weird? She said that they had never even been to that restaurant before, but heard it was good so they decided to go. It is my belief that there are no coincidences. I've come to accept that these things happen to people who are connected. We attracted this all on our won, but it still never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: