Monday, November 3, 2008

beautiful men

What makes a man truly beautiful? Obviously it's more than a hot body and face. It's a combination of looks and personality. Personality can go a really long way in making a guy attractive. In fact, a gorgeous man with a bad personality is just a waste of time, unless he's on a poster.

I love a man with a great sense of humor. And confidence. Intelligence helps too. Add to that a hot body and great face and you've likely got yourself a winner.

OK, so now that we've determined I'm not completely shallow in real life, let's have some Hollywood fun. I don't know any celebrities personally to judge how 'beautiful' they are on the inside, but there are a few that are looking pretty good on the outside. I have my handful of favorites. Don't you?

On the first day of my blog I posted one of my all-time favorite photos. Simply one of the most beautiful men I've seen--Jason Lewis (better known as Smith on Sex and the City). I loved his long hair best, but his nicely chiselled face does me just fine too. Seeing him naked in the Absolut vodka ad makes me just want to touch his skin and possibly taste him.

A real fan of the series, I was a little less enthused with him in the Sex and the City movie. His acting kind of sucked. I loved in the series when he shaved his head along with Samantha whose hair was falling out from the chemo. That was friggin' moving, and that's basically how I fell in love with Smith. Bet I'm not the only one.

Another beautiful man is Sting. The man's got class. He's fascinating, intelligent and is aging like a god. I'd love to have dinner with him. Look at those eyes!!!! I thought he was cool since I first saw him in The Who's Quadrophenia.

I've always liked Robert Downey Jr. Now I'm a real sucker for blue eyes, but there's something about his dark, dark eyes that captivates me. Did you see him in Restoration? I get wet every time I see the expression on his face when Meg Ryan's character massages his crotch with her foot. Was that acting? Looked pretty authentic to me. And what good woman doesn't need a bad boy to fall for? He's had his troubles, but then everybody's got something.

Anyone remember Jon Erik Hexum? He was damn gorgeous. Too bad he's dead. Accidentally killed himself on the set of a movie in 1984. He was fooling around with a gun (a prop), holding it to his head. Not realizing the impact that shooting blanks would have, he pulled the trigger. Boys will be boys. But he was a fiiiine one. He's at the top end of the scale of nicely muscular without being gross. I bet nothing jiggled on him.

And I don't care if he's old and bald, Ed Harris also makes my list of beautiful (famous) men. I loved him in Apollo 13. He's been great in every role I've seen. Pollock, Milk Money, Radio, A Beautiful Mind.

And speaking of bald men, Howie Mandel tickles more than my funny bone, Sean Connery, though a sexist bastard, is still pretty sexy. I remember as a young girl thinking Yul Brynner was attractive in The Ten Commandments. Bald IS beautiful, as long as the man carries himself with confidence.

No comments: