Tuesday, July 6, 2010

waking up to the lake


I survived the fireworks without any noticable injury. Conversation eventually gravitated toward more pleasant stuff and my mood lifted temporarily. We climbed back up the flights of steps in the dark and joined the other guests of the B&B around the campfire at the top.

Rob exchanged niceties with everyone while my head was heavy in thought. We didn't stay long. We went up to our room to do what we do best--make love.

Needless to say the sex was very emotional, and therefore intense. I had the pleasure of a major emotional and physical release, so I was able to sleep like a baby. The bed was pretty comfy too. You never know what you're going to get in these places. This one was good.

As the windows of our room faced east, we were awakened by the sun at 5:41am. Way too early to get up on a non-work day. I climbed out of bed and moved to open the door, allowing the sun and the lake breeze to kiss our naked bodies.

It was one of those heavenly mornings that touched all the senses--the warmth of the sun and tickle of the breeze, the smell of the lake, the sounds of the trees rustling, and when I managed to open my eyes I saw the reflection of sun off the water dancing like diamonds in rhythm with the waves. Rob and I drifted off for another hour and a half.

No comments: