Thursday, April 21, 2011

daddy dearest



So the ex (I am not going to call him Dickhead) is trying his damnedest to get Christie to live with him for the summer. Not only that, but he wants her/us to consider having her finish high school here, or stay for at least the next year while I go on to California "to get settled".

WTF?! NO WAY.

Why he is changing his tune after telling her a month ago it was ok to move if that's what she wanted...I don't know. Father guilt? He's now sorry that he didn't get to know her in the last 15 years? Is he also sorry about every time he sat glued simultaneously to the tv and the couch while she visited him? Or that he called her a c*** 3 years ago, prompting her to move out of his house permanently?

He emailed me that he needs my cooperation on this. Right. Shall we join forces to convince her that it is in her best interest to stay in this little town and live with two people (him and Maria) who fly off the handle the minute they don't get their way, and who swear like sailors when so inclined? And live 2500 miles away from her mother who she is very close to and happy with?

Should she also pass up a chance to go to a high school that specializes in film and media arts which would give her a head start on a career she really wants? Not to mention the obvious opportunities that will present themselves living in Los Angeles...

All this so that Daddy can have his way. We'll see. I suggested the 3 of us sit and discuss this situation. I never thought he'd agree to physically be in the same room with me. He hasn't even seen me in the last 3 years, maybe closer to 4. But he called me this morning and made arrangements to meet at noon tomorrow.

This'll be interesting. Christie says she's gonna puke. I say bring along a bucket. Her dad has to hear her say how she wants to go. In the past she's been too scared to say much to his face. He tends to be pretty overpowering in conversations. The only way she's gotten through to him was through text conversations and some emails. I am hoping that she will be able to be heard in person. At the very least my presence should give her courage to tell him what she wants and doesn't want.

No comments: