Monday, April 25, 2011

a sense of sexual urgency

Some months come and go without my period even making a dent in my life. This is kind of nice, I guess, as I know plenty of women who seem to barely survive the monthly symptoms that have been duly named the curse.

So I go bumpity bump along at a pretty normal pace with no incapacitating pain or vicious moods or bloated belly. I am really grateful for that. But what does affect me every few cycles is an unsatiable appetite for sex and emotional attachment.

It happens during ovulation and this month it hit me like a tidal wave. I could not stop thinking about Andy--about my body being naked next to his under the sheets, going down on him in the middle of the night (or any time of day), having him explore me inside and out, fucking without a condom, the musky smell of him, tasting sex on him, looking into his eyes, hearing him tell me how much he loves me, talking about forever things, dreaming about Santorini and Paris with him, omg the list goes on...

Feeling these strong urges, I fantasized about them with Andy on Skype and I grew closer to him by the minute. All this made me realize that Mother Nature is working her magic through this thing called ovulation. Procreate! Procreate! she screams. These crazy feelings are exactly how women end up pregnant! (well, after fucking without a condom) And I would def be sooo tempted to act on my impulses if I were in the same room/house/state as Andy.

I breathed a big sigh of relief when this 3 day ovulation cycle ended. Of course, with 2,500 miles between us I did not get knocked up. Next month, and perhaps every month for the rest of my life, what am I gonna do?

I have to find some other reliable method to keep us from being parents again. Because we plan to be fucking like rabbits for a long time. As it stands now I am sure to be jumping his bones with reckless abandon on a regular basis. These feelings are just too damn delicious to deny...

1 comment:

B said...

Three letters. IUD. Get the one with copper. Copper creates a hostile environment for sperm.

That should help with that. ;) Plus you can keep it in for like 5-8 years or something like that.