Sunday, April 17, 2011

the war is over




This is the play by play on the bidding war on my house...

Offer #1 came in Friday night. The chick who was born with my name called me Friday as soon as I got home from work. She wanted to know when she could come over to present me with her offer. I said she could come soon, but I mentioned to her that I was getting a 2nd offer this weekend and that I would need to consider that one too.

She was stunned and said but we had a deal! I agreed that we had negotiated a price, but said that until I had written offers in front of me I wasn't going to turn anything down. She was clearly miffed, and a few minutes later she appeared at my door. I invited her to step inside, and she started again about us having a deal and was reluctant to give me the offer at all.

I said that I had not received the other offer yet, but I would like to consider both and get back to her early next week. She gave me the offer and I wished her a good weekend. I could tell she was pissed.

The other buyer emailed me this morning to say she had her offer ready and wanted to bring it to me tonight. We agreed on a time. She came over and handed me the papers. I was somewhat shocked and ecstatic when I saw the price. She offered me the full listing price--holy shit!!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any sweeter, I made another $6000 in 2 days. Plus we agreed on a closing date of June 27th date which suits me so much better than the June 1st that the chick with my name wanted.

Life is good. I sold my house in less than 3 weeks. I couldn't wait to tell Andy.

Then I called the chick with my name. I told her that I just had to accept the other offer. And before I could explain why she interrupted by blurting out well I wasn't going to go through with that offer anyway. I found another house that was way better.

Despite her snotty remark I told her I was very happy for her and wished her luck. The bidding war is over. And I killed her with kindness.

No comments: