Wednesday, May 25, 2011

pies and such

Here is an excerpt from my email to Rob when I returned from LA:

I dreamed of you on my last night in LA. This is how it went: I came to your house with 2 guys and 3 pies. One was rhubarb, one was cherry, and I don't remember #3, but none of the pie shells was full enough. And you were wearing square glasses (?!)

What I neglected to tell him about my dream was that he looked dejected when I walked in with 2 guys (what former boyfriend wouldn't?). As I poured the filling into each pie shell I was disappointed at how little there was. My pies were not going to be full and tasty. It was all so skimpy. I felt like I had messed up.

As I reread my email just before hitting send, I realized I'd already analyzed my own dream. The pies were really men, probably the men in my major relationships. The fact that I couldn't remember #3 is not a good sign for #3, but I guess it doesn't matter now, does it? Apparently these men (or the relationships) did not measure up and left me disappointed.

And Rob's square glasses? Well, he is kind of square. Very sweet, but not very happening. That's all I can say about that.

No comments: