Sunday, March 29, 2009

finally, a laptop!


Hopefully the indecision ends here. I finally bought a friggin laptop. The flyer from Future Shop came with a "final clearance" on the laptop I'd been eyeing since December. So I hauled myself over there and grilled the handsome young sales guy until I was completely convinced that I was choosing the right one.

And now I sit here from the privacy of my bedroom--no young roving eyes peeking into their mother's online antics and no wrestling the 13-yr-old MSN addict for computer time. Woo-hoo! I love the nice wide screen and resolution, even the soft clicking of the keys.

Since my purchase was somewhat spontaneous (after 3 months of contemplation) I didn't tell Rob about it till that night. As this had been the intended Christmas gift from him to me, I think that by buying it I've gotten myself into more of a pickle. You and I both know I'd decided long ago that I wanted something more sparkly and meaningful from him than a laptop, but he had not a clue! I'd just been letting it slide over the last few months hoping he'd read my mind, I guess.

So basically I robbed my Rob of the chance to give me the laptop as a gift. He certainly wasn't going to hand me cash or go to the bank and pay off my credit card. So I felt a little guilty, but then I didn't. Now he's reconsidering what he can give me for Christmas (2008). It was our first attempt at exchanging gifts, a ritual he doesn't believe in, but I convinced him it would be fun. Oops...
He suggested maybe he'd pay for the trip we're taking this weekend, as a gift. We're staying overnight Saturday in a nearby city and going to a concert there Sunday afternoon. I'm sure it'll be fun.

It doesn't sparkle, but what the hell. Gotta let the guy off the hook.

No comments: