Monday, March 16, 2009

why i love my job

I don't know about you, but I like a lot of variety in life, and my job is no exception. Some would consider it pure hell to be juggling 30 projects at once, but I sort of thrive on it.

To preserve my anonymity (and my need to be able to freely express my every thought and feeling) I'm not going to reveal what I do for a living or for whom. However, I can say that I am occasionally involved with photo shoots. And this is my favorite part of the job.

Tonight my company sent me off to a beautiful place to spend the night, the day before a 2-day shoot was to begin. I had asked Rob to join me, but he declined as he didn't want to miss work :( So I drove there alone.

As soon as I arrived at this beautiful place, I knew Rob had made a bad choice. I checked in and walked up to my room only to find that they had given me a room with a balcony overlooking a gorgeous waterfall. Nature Boy would have loved it even more than I. I immediately missed him. Especially because I had given up one of my 3 nights a week allotted for him to take this trip.

Making the best of it, I decided to take a long hot bath. I was struck by how clean the bathroom was for such an old building. And the full length mirror on the back of the bathroom door caught my eye. This provided a view of my naked body that I hadn't been privy to since I moved out of my last house. I thought of all sorts of fun things Rob and I could be doing in this bathroom. But no, I was alone.

I crawled into the bed and was tickled at how comfy the sheets and pillows were. Very yummy. Again, to be experienced alone. I settled in for a good night's sleep to the sound of the rushing water outside my room. Hope I don't wet the bed.

No comments: