Tuesday, March 10, 2009

one step closer


I feel like I just got a present, and I haven't told anyone! I'm so excited, and feeling silly about it. Rob told me last night that he finally told his ex (they've been separated for 9 years)..........................




..........ready for this??...................







.............he finally told her............











..........that he wants to get a divorce. Woo-hoo!!!!!

OK, so I'm having a total celebration but keeping it to myself (well, except for you). When he first tells me the news, my instinct is to get up and cheer and wrap my arms around him, but of course I don't. I smiled (big) and said that's good. You see, I'm scared that my elation will scare him. He might think I'll expect something of him. Like marriage. When in fact this news should change nothing in our lives. All it means is that his ex will need to get her own health benefits instead of piggybacking on his policy.

But to me it's another step closer to being with my love, free and clear from the strings of our past. I'm just smiling.

No comments: