Sunday, August 2, 2009

perfect day



If a picture paints a thousand words, then imagine what a video can do, with music sung by some of the greatest artists of our time.

Andy posted this video to his wall just this morning, after spending the day with me yesterday. I felt so honored. It couldn't have captured the day any better. What's uncanny is that we pretty much did everything in the song except feed the animals at the zoo. And when we went home, we went to our separate homes.

Then again, the song didn't include some of the other things, like how he recited his books to me as we sat on the steps by the lake, and I cried. Or the bottle of shiraz/cabernet we drank on those same steps, overlooking the water that was as still as black glass. Or the kisses.

There was a lot of laughter, total honesty, some apologies, some confessions, an invitation to Paris, much silliness, and no words left unsaid.

I asked Andy if we could create something together. No, not a baby. I want to collaborate on a project. Of course he said. We haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. It's a little hard to paint together when we're thousands of miles apart. However...

I think I've provided just a bit of inspiration for his next round of paintings. But the real question now is will I reap what I've sown?

No comments: