Saturday, August 29, 2009

hangin on to august


As the last few days of August tick away, I feel a need to hang onto it. It was a good month.

It started off with a perfect day. August 1st Andy and I spent the day together getting reacquainted, and laughing a lot. He fueled my creativity. Life hasn't been the same since.

My former boss made his final departure from the company, chased away by the mean old witch (new boss). But at least this time he left in good health and with a much better position to go to. We gave him a nice send off with the help of 3 vodka martinis. I miss him around the office. Life hasn't been the same since.

Mid-August marked Maria's 18th birthday. A milestone in itself, her birthday seemed to trigger her forgiveness too. We've shared some great times together like watching family videos, quiet conversations and a crazy fun shopping trip to Toronto. Life hasn't been the same since.

I feel I'm on the brink of something bigger and better. I've been watching great things happening all around me. Now it's my turn. But let me say goodbye to August first.

x

No comments: