Thursday, March 25, 2010

a conundrum


The last few days I've noticed an abnormally high occurrence of abandoned old shoes and boots on the side of the road. The snow has been melted for quite awhile, so it's not that I'm just suddenly noticing them. They have appeared very recently. Is it a sign of spring?

Yeah, it's sure better than seeing roadkill, but still I ask myself why does this happen? How does this footwear actually get there?

Do people discard their old shoes on the way home from the shoe store? Or in some foolish act on the way home from a night out drinking? I have never seen someone tossing their shoes out the window as they're driving along, so I just can't seem to fathom someone doing that. Unless it's a dare, of course.

Does anyone really know? How do they get there???

No comments: