Tuesday, March 30, 2010

from bleeding to sparkly


Today was too beautiful to sit at my desk in my basement office. I made a point of needing to make a delivery after lunch, and I extended that into a little shopping trip.

I perused a few boutiques on the sunny side of the main street close to work. And I didn't even give a damn if I was late getting back. I call it salary adjustment time.

With Easter just days ahead, I was hoping to find a little gift for my girls. Long gone are the days of Easter baskets and candy, but I still like to surprise them with something. I knew that Christie would be easy to buy for--something, anything, Jonas would do. But for Maria I had to look for something extra special. It had to be personal and meaningful because of our history.

Between our busy schedules of work, school, homework and social life, I hardly get to see Maria anymore. I'm ok with all that, but I wanted her to know that I was thinking about her and that she's still very special to me.

When I walked into the 3rd shop that sold jewelry, I saw it right away. A silver necklace with 2 hearts on it. They were irregular in shape (aren't we all), and didn't fit perfectly one on top of the other, but they hung very nicely together as they overlapped. And the one in front had sparkly stones on it. The one behind was just shiny. I bought it without hesitation.

I can't wait to give it to her. I want her to know that in our busy lives, even if we can't find much time to be together, I am still with her in heart. And she's the sparkly one in front.

No comments: