Monday, May 31, 2010

ask and ye shall receive


In my last post I expressed what I wanted to get from this visit with Andy. We got off to a strong start. He was waiting for me outside as I drove up in my car. He opened the car door and I leapt into his arms like a jack-in-the-box.

A string of kisses ensued and left me with a red chin. We stood back a few inches and admired each other's faces in what seemed like high def. More kisses...

He packed his luggage into my car and I drove us to the family party at his brother's house. What I enjoyed most about that party was watching Andy's respect for his relatives, especially the elderly ones. He first introduced me, of course, then he got them plates of food and asked them if they wanted to sit in the shade etc. I was impressed.

Andy and I sat under a shady maple and got bombarded by helicopters every time the wind blew. He quickly dove for the one that landed down my shirt. There was plenty of food, and drink. I nibbled while Andy feasted. On his way back from getting me a piece of pizza he ate a whole slice himself. No biggie, 'cept it was his 4th piece. Ahh, who's counting...

On the way home (to my house) we stopped at the grocery store. That was the first of 3 grocery runs in 2 days. He seems to love to eat. Anytime, anything. Lesson one: he has little sense of routine. It's making me a little anxious. I also have Christie to feed and it's hard enough keeping a teenager on schedule. Now it's like having a teenage boy too, eating like it's a free for all. And the boy can eat.

I noticed that Andy's pleasure center is his mouth. He has a very sexy mouth and he knows how to use it. Perhaps from excessive practice because he keeps it so busy. When he's not eating me, he's looking for food or drink. It goes down fast and in large volume. OK, so I might be able to get used to some of that. But the clincher was when he lay down for a nap right after eating a sausage on a bun...at what I considered to be an hour before dinner.

I am somewhat health conscious. Lesson two: he does not seem to value his health. At dinner when he ate the crispy chicken skin after I told him how bad it would be for him, I thought we were going to have our first fight. He chuckled and thought that was cute. That's when I told him SERIOUSLY that I value good health and it's important to me that he does too.

Feeling a little crazy on day 2...

No comments: