Friday, June 4, 2010

big fun in the big city


Yesterday Andy and I headed into the city for a play day and night. I'd googled a few places we could go and things to see, then printed out a map ahead of time. That's me, the organized one. We had an uneventful drive there and I managed to find my favorite parking lot in a sea of traffic (yes, I have a favorite parking lot).

First thing we did was look for a good cup of coffee. Then we made a beeline for the biggest bookstore we could find. He was hoping for some inspiration for a new job he's working on. I was simply inspired by the zillions of one-of-a-kind books. Later we strolled through a famous shopping mall and he took my picture on the escalator. He said it looked like his favorite scene from "Breathless", a French film from the 60s that we'd watched on our 2nd night together.

Andy talked about his work and I listened, enamored. I do love to hear how his mind works, and I admire his business sense. As we walked by the Chanel perfume counter at Sears he asked the sales girl if there was a Chanel store in the city. (It's his favorite designer. No, he's not gay.) No sooner we were on a subway uptown.

I'd never been in a Chanel boutique before. It's like a friggin museum--one outfit hanging here, one over there. Some rare finds that I can honestly say I'd rarely wear. The price tags had commas in them, for God's sake! Needless to say, no sale was made to the poor but good looking couple.

We also walked though Tiffany's where, strangely enough, Andy asked me which rings I liked. Then through Cartier. It started to rain and we tromped through endless puddles while he carefully held the umbrella over our heads. It was a cozy little bubble in there. When we sat down to dinner I took my wet shoes off and he held my cold feet in his hands to warm them. I tucked my toes into the warmth of his crotch too. The food was awesome and hot, and it was great to relax and get warm and dry.

A sprint back to the parking lot to retrieve my car, and we drove to the concert hall. The place was kind of a dive, but there were comfy leather couches on the upper level (balcony) and we got pretty cozy there. We couldn't help but do lots of kissing during the opening band. At one point we noticed that we were the oldest people there. What would these youngsters think?!? But it was a cool crowd--all types.

I must admit it was a wonderful experience seeing Andy watch his new favorite band live for the first time. We shot downstairs where the sound was better and joined the crowd. The band was very tight and I ended up really liking them too. I pulled Andy close for a slow dance and as we kissed he sang into my mouth. His eyes were closed and our bodies moved together. The way he held me told me how much he loves me. I suddenly had a vision of how much it would hurt him to lose me and I tried to wash it away and go back to enjoying the moment. I remember thinking what a cool guy he is and what an honor it is to know him and be with him.

After the concert we got home in record time. Turns out there's no traffic at 1am! We dragged our asses into the house and got ready for bed. Tired as we were, Andy insisted on rubbing my feet before we went to sleep. Awwww. Sweet=Andy. It was a good day.

No comments: