Sunday, June 27, 2010

Andy panda


It was really weird yesterday. I thought Andy was mad at me or something. There was no email from him waiting in my inbox when I first came online. He always sends me something late at night. And I hadn't heard from him yesterday either.

So I called him at noon my time, 9am his. He answered, but his voice didn't get all smooth and melty when he heard mine. He said he was sketching...in bed.

He didn't say I love you today like he always does. His answers were short and to the point...no stories to tell, no boyish excitement. Where was my Andy?

I didn't dig for answers until later. We were on facebook chat and I noticed he kept putting periods at the end of all his responses. That I'd never seen before. What's he being so final about? I typed how are you honey? to which he replied pretty crappy--all these deadlines and stuff. I immediately wondered what stuff? But I didn't push it. What worried me most was when I typed I love you and got no response. Then my facebook froze up. So I don't know if he ever reciprocated.

I wasn't sure how to handle him. I have never seen him like this, so reserved and unenthused about stuff, and about ME. But I left my ego out of it and just told him what a beautiful and talented man he is. Still I worried about him the rest of the night, and wondered what he was thinking, and if I had anything to do with why he was sad.

No comments: