Saturday, April 25, 2009

happy toes & squished bugs

It must be spring, or is it summer? I am sitting on my porch in a tshirt and I am actually hot. Also I have the official beginning-of-the-season pedicure. I've painted my toenails tulip pink and feel pretty again.

Still a little chunky from the month long indulgence in things I didn't really need to eat but thoroughly enjoyed, like the great Greek pizza splurge last weekend. That was my crescendo. Now I'm trying to behave.
But I didn't look horrible sporting my bikini today. I decided to take advantage of the sunshine and lay out on my back deck for a while. Not a very daring venture since there was little danger of anyone seeing me out there--it's fairly secluded. I soooo needed it, I am completely pasty from a long, cold winter.

One more sure sign of nice weather, those damn big ants. I have found 4 so far in my kitchen and dining room and I'm hoping that they are just a few strays from the front porch on which I sit right now watching them parade around me, trying not to be too nervous one will crawl up my leg. Ewww.
Christie's not too fond of them either. She won't touch them other than to stamp out their little lives. I came home today to find 4 post-it notes stuck to my floor, carefully arranged as if they were surrounding something. As I walked closer I saw that she had wanted to alert me to the fact that she had squished an ant. I guess she didn't want me to step on it as it was the same color as the floor. Would've been nice if she had disposed of it, but I guess she went as far as she possibly could. Silly girl.

No comments: