Tuesday, April 14, 2009

worth getting fat

Yesterday I had the closest thing to a "family outing" that I've had since I separated. Rob and I took my daughter Christie and her boyfriend out for the day to a little port town by the lake. We went for a walk by the water despite my weatherman boyfriend's forecast of cold winds from the east. Three of us froze our asses off (guess which 3?), but Rob's so sweet, he never once said I told you so. And I didn't dare complain.

Anyway we had fun cuz we were all with the one we love. I enjoyed catching a glimpse of my 13-yr-old interacting with her 14-yr-old boyfriend. Young love is so innocent and pure (so far, anyway). They look cute together.

It was my suggestion to go for pizza afterwards. It was Christie's suggestion to get a Greek pizza.

!!!YUM!!!

I ate 5 slices and enjoyed every greasy bite. Today I looked at myself in the mirror while getting dressed and realized I am growing some precious love handles. I will never allow myself to get fat, but if I did, there would be plenty of Greek pizza involved.

Greek pizza---just one more thing I love about the Greeks.

No comments: