Thursday, April 30, 2009

wildlife on the way to work

You'd think I live in some wilderness or something with all the neat animals I get to see. (Really, I don't. On my 45 minute drive to work I go from suburb to rural area back to suburb.) Remember a few weeks back a turkey (or was it a pheasant) flew across my path? Well, today I swear I saw a coyote. I had to ask myself, do I even know what a coyote looks like? I mean, beyond the Wile E. variety. So I looked at some pictures. Here's one:

Mighty fine looking animal. But the animal I saw was mangier, meaner and all grey, with slitty eyes. So I thought, maybe it was a wolf? Here's what a wolf looks like:

...basically a lot like a German Shepherd, in my opinion. I don't know what the hell I saw, but it looked a lot wilder than these 2 beauties!

No comments: