Friday, October 16, 2009

all is well in Andyworld


After several gruelling days of wondering what the hell Andy was thinking and feeling, the suspense came to an end.

On Tuesday night we chatted for a few minutes on Facebook. I soon realized from his tone that I was the one who had been doing all the worrying. He was his usual entertaining self. Having felt an initial sense of relief I proceeded to call him.

Hello Darlin'. Have I told you how beautiful you are today? I love how he says that. But before I let myself get completely swept up in him, I said that we needed to talk about some stuff. I explained that I'd been worried the past few days and hoped I hadn't upset him with my last email. And the fact that there had been no correspondence from him made me feel like he was pulling away. He assured me that he was all right with everything (ie, my situation), and that he had just been super busy with work stuff, and that really, nothing was wrong.

I finally took the time to explain my relationship with Rob. I thought it was important that Andy know what Rob means to me and how I need someone here--a friend, a helper, a lover. I told him that my intent was to get to know him (Andy) better over the next year or so and hopefully pursue a future together. He was completely fine with everything I said and I felt so much better getting it off my chest.

Not only was he understanding and accepting, but he said that he loves me and that nothing could stop that. It's like he can stand in front of a runaway train without fear. I am inspired by the strength of his faith in love.

I took this opportunity to tell Andy the words he'd been telling me all along. I had wanted to save them for the next time we are face to face, but I just couldn't wait. The time was right to say I love you Andy.

1 comment:

B said...

I'm glad to see that you were open and shared how you truly felt with Andy. He deserves it, and so do you.