Tuesday, October 6, 2009

all roads lead to andy



I just googled directions to my Andy. To be more specific, I googled driving directions from my house to his.

When it digested our addresses, a map and driving route popped up. I was friggin looking at the bulk of North America. Even though I know he lives far away from me, it was still a little shocking to see the amount of country that lay between us.

I proceeded to scroll through the directions listed. It's so weird to see things like passing through Iowa, Entering Nebraska and Passing through Arizona, Nevada, Entering California. And the real 'holy shit' was the 1 day and 15 hours of driving time separating us. (Of course, there's air travel, but that wouldn't make as dramatic a point now, would it?)

When love calls, physical distance is merely a technicality. I feel him close in spirit and mind, and we will also be close in the physical plane soon enough.

If I stop and think about all the circumstances that have been created in my life over the past while, I can start to see a master plan evolving. Things like my dissatisfaction with a stagnant relationship (with Rob), my need to sink my teeth into something more exciting careerwise and socially, my finances taking a dive (creating a need to make a move), the new PR and media experience I've gained through my job (that could be really useful to Andy), even my joints getting sore with the onset of cold damp weather....



It seems that all roads lead to LA.

No comments: