Saturday, January 23, 2010

magic in progress


I don't want to forget this moment. My senses are alight. I am touched at what I am seeing.

Andy is here in my bedroom spilling his soul onto canvas for me. I get to witness him in his element, doing what makes him...him. He is alive and loving it. I am alive and loving it. I'm so glad he bought that tube of light blue permanent, as my tribute would not look the same without it. It is his signature color.

He keeps asking me if I'm bored. He thanks me for not getting sick of hearing the same CDs over and over again as he paints. I hear him sing. He forgets I'm listening. Hours go by. I love watching him. I love that he's in the same room with me.

When that song with the violins comes on, I feel something well up inside of me and I have to interrupt him for a kiss. He couldn't be happier. His look of concentration melts into adoration. I've never seem him so relaxed.
This is good.

No comments: