Friday, January 1, 2010

my top 10 of 2009

10. I regained peace in my household when Maria moved to her dad's and Christie moved in with me full-time. Everyone seems a lot more settled in the new arrangement and Christie has really bloomed.

9. I also found clarity in my direction and set some goals for myself in the areas of relationship, social and career.


8. The photo shoot assignments for work. God, those are fun, and rewarding! What a great photo crew and models I have!

7. Shopping day in the big city with Maria. This was partially a result of #6. We drove up and spent the day shopping for her birthday. It was a treat to have that many pleasant hours with her. The 3-hr. drive home was in a hurricane-like storm though, very treacherous, but exciting!

6. The day my oldest daughter Maria "came around". For her 18th birthday in August I'd given her the letter I wrote to her before she was born. I think it made her realize how much I really loved her, even back then. She said it was time to forgive and move on.

5. My former boss and friend recovered from cancer quite miraculously. I swear it was due to his positive attitude and all the love and prayers from his friends.

4. Achieving financial independence. Yeah, it sucked that I lost all child support because my ex lost his job. But the bright side was that I realized I don't need him for anything!!! Woo-hoo!


3. The day trip to Lilydale, NY with Christie, my mom and my sister. That day was simply golden. I remember feeling so genuinely happy to be there and wishing I could spend the whole summer there just painting the adorable houses and maybe sipping coffee on the quaint porches.

2. The pretend honeymoon with Rob at the nice hotel with the waterfall outside our room. I'll never forget when he handed me his credit card at dinner. I got a feeling of total acceptance from him, as in I trust you completely. And the sex was mind-blowing.


1. August 1st, that perfect day with Andy. We met out front of the art gallery, and I'll never forget that he walked right by me cuz he didn't recognize me (in his defense, I had shades on and was lying on a bench in the shade.). We spent time drinking wine in the park as he recited his verses to me, and we kissed...a LOT.

No comments: