Wednesday, January 27, 2010

the reunion


This will be the first in a series of blogs in which I reminisce about my 2-weekend tryst with Andy. Due to my dire need to remember the events and emotions of this life experience, in combination with my very faulty memory, these posts are certainly going to be more valuable to me than to you.

I want to always remember the moment when we first saw each other. I drove an hour to pick him up after work on a Thursday. I had taken the Friday off, so there I was on the cusp of a long weekend and I was about to see my new boyfriend after enduring 6 months of long distance romance. It was a lot like that excitement of childhood on Christmas Eve, when the thrill seems to be endlessly looming in front of you, taunting you. Crazy, but it feels damn good.

He was staying at his mother's apartment in a retirement home. I somehow found it without a problem, pulled into a parking spot right near the front door, and walked in to the security entrance. I dialed her apartment. Andy answered and buzzed me in. I waited in the lobby with a gaggle of old folks staring at me. The seconds dragged...

Then I heard his footsteps come down the hall...around the corner...and I caught a glimpse of a bouquet of flowers, followed by the Andy himself. HUGE smile.

Then it's a bit of a blur, almost like when you're falling and everything feels like it's not really happening to you--you're just dreaming it in slow motion. I know we hugged, and we definitely kissed. However one distinct impression I'll never forget is how clear Andy's face looked. I'd been looking at him pixellated on screen for months, and I was amazed at how sharp his face looked in person. God, he's beautiful.

Moving down the hallway away from an audience of elderly admirers, we found some privacy. I held his face in my hands and felt his sexy 3-day growth, and looked into his adoring brown eyes, and his perfect mouth and lips, knowing I was going to have access to them for the next 2 weekends. Bliss.

We eventually got a hold of ourselves and worked our way back to his mom's apartment. I had met her when I was 17, but don't remember it in the least. So to me, this was the first time. I was impressed with how attractive and young she looked. She was also very sweet. We made small talk and I tried to act calm and cool, but inside I was reeling with excitement sitting next to her beautiful and talented son. As I talked to her, I saw Andy staring at me out of the corner of my eye. It's a wonderful feeling to be adored.

We needed to be touching. He had his arm around me while I rested my hand on his leg. Conversation with his mom was the only thing keeping us from pouncing on each other. We couldn't get enough of each other, only half believing that this was real, that the other was really there in living flesh. He couldn't wait to leave with me.

Soon we were in my car and on our way to my house where we would be together for the next 3 days.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments: