Saturday, February 27, 2010

freaky


This is getting too weird. Rob emailed me Thursday saying that he didn't sleep well the night before. He had another crazy dream about me. This one was disturbing.

He dreamed that I was throwing a party in the house where he grew up. (All his dreams lately seem to take place there.) This party was a celebration of my engagement--to Andy. And in this dream apparently I seemed very happy, but I kept trying to sneak off with Rob to a more private spot.

I felt a little creeped out when I read his email describing the dream. First of all, it would have taken place the same night I blogged about my fantasy trip to Greece where Andy and I get engaged. Are we that connected that he is tuning into my feelings, even when I try to keep them private?

Secondly, it is making me wonder if I should cut Rob loose. Maybe this is too hard, too damaging for him. And maybe I'm being a chicken here--afraid to say goodbye just in case I might want him later. Do I need to take the high road and send him off on his own to start a new life without me?

No comments: